Unknown

This was Ethan's third season of t-ball and my second coaching. There is nothing better than 10 kids who are asking "Can I go to the bathroom?" "When will the game be over?" "Did you know I lost my tooth?" "So-and-so is throwing dirt" etc. for 14 games. They are die-hard let me tell you, our right fielder even fell asleep in the middle of one game. Now, Ethan and a few of the others are a bit different. They seem to actually grasp the concept of competition: They have realized and do not like the fact that everyone gets a single regardless of where they hit it. They want to slide into home. They want to know when they can throw the ball somewhere other than first base. They tag kids out...hard. The rest are in it for fun (or because their parents have made them play, which is what one 5-year-old explained to me). Though I would have to say across the board the best part of the season was twofold: snack after the game and getting trophies!
0 Responses

Post a Comment